The mission of Speed for Need is to raise awareness and foster inclusion of those with a special need through participation in fitness events supported by the men of F3 Nation.
We push Track Commanders (riders with a special need) in customized racing wheelchairs to help them participate in and complete fitness events such as 5Ks, 10Ks, or marathons – experiences that they would not be able to have on their own.
Track Commanders lead the way in every Speed for Need event. The synergy created between the Track Commanders, drivers, runners, and spectators helps:
- raise awareness for social causes
- encourage inclusion
- connect Track Commanders with F3 Nation and the overall fitness community
The Track Commanders motivate us and others to step up, engage, and be servant leaders. So the question stands…
Who Pushes Who?
Our Five Core Principles Are:
- Participation in Speed for Need Events are always free of charge to athlete-riders (Track Commanders)
- Participation in a Speed for Need Event is available to all those unable to complete a race on their own accord
- All Track Commanders will be met and fitted in a racing chair by an experienced F3 Nation driver, prior to the event, in order to ensure the highest level of safety
- The primary driver of the racing chair is a trained, responsible, member of F3 Nation, or has been approved by Speed for Need leadership
- The event Q is responsible for drafting a preblast, backblast, and coordinating the creation of a basic photo/video collection of the event, for the benefit of the Track Commanders and to memorialize the event.